The Ingleside Branch opened on September 12, 2009. Ingleside Branch, the 11th in the system, opened in 1925. The neighborhood was served by "library station" at several locations, including 422 Holloway Avenue, 1612 Ocean Avenue and 387 Ashton Avenue.
The library features an expanded collection of material, a teen room, a children's area with window seats and skylight, plus a program room accessible after hours for community meetings. The robust, light-filled, and sustainable architectural design highlights the virtues and aspirations of this community: valuing the accessibility of knowledge and education to everyone. The sloped ceiling of the space is capped with giant skylights coaxing sunlight deep into the room. At the courtyard offers intimate spaces to read and relax wherein benches are built into the glass edges creating a simple and elegant relationship between courtyard and interior spaces.