Jose Solis a Portland, Oregon mural Artist, Sculptor & Designer.
Jose Solis was born in the colonial City of San Luis Potosi (Mexico), home of many famous artists, he grew up admiring the work of Mexican muralists like Diego Rivera, Orozco and Siqueiros. At age 14, while an art student he was admitted as an apprentice at a sign & commercial art studio learning brush lettering, mural design & restoration..
In the 70s he became famous painting airbrushed murals on custom vans while studying at Customizing Center near Los Angeles, CA. his work in the style of Frank Frazetta was showed on National magazines like Hot Rodding.
In 1983 He founded Creative Art Services in Portland, Oregon. That same year The Oregonian published a full page article and photos of his original work a 70’x15’ oil painting on concrete he did at Ascension Catholic church in SE Portland. One of his first commissions was to paint a large Oregon Lottery wheel for a TV commercial.
To this date his work has included:
Scenic painting for many feature films including the stop animation movie “Coraline” by Laika Entertainment, etc.,
Mural art & custom displays in museums:
* National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, CA.
* Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in Mcminnville, Or.
* End of the Oregon Trail museum in Oregon, City
* Old Mission San Miguel, CA. a National Historic Landmark *The Ascension” 70’ oil on concrete, Religious theme mural. Portland, OR. * Andy & Bax 130’ mural in the Portland, OR. Eastside Historic District
Set design and Art direction for Nike, Adidas, Doc Martens, Oregon Lottery Portland Trailblazers, etc.
* Churches, Schools, Restaurants, Public and private buildings & Residences, etc.
Jose’s work has been recognized for his unique style with awards including: Silver Medal Award at the International Film & Television Festival of New York, Best Spiritual Documentary Judge’s Award winner and People’s Choice Award Winner, & more.
Instagram (photos of recent projects): https://www.instagram.com/jscreativeartstudio/