Mosaic Mural - Street Murals
Creator not accepting inquiries
Created by Max Spivak in the late 1950s, the mosaic mural at 5 Bryant Park is an abstract depiction of garment industry tools soaring in a field of golden made from hand-cut glass tile. It is 40 feet, 7 1/2 inches wide, and 18 feet 11 inches high. The piece is composed of a quarter-million hand-cut glass tiles, or tesserae, meticulously repaired by a well-known mosaic craftsman, Stephen Miotto, whose godfather, Carlo Rett, may have worked with Mr. Spivak on the original commission in 1958.