"In 1886-1889 he studied at Warsaw's drawing class. Since 1889 was a volunteer IAH (Higher Art School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture), since 1894, worked in the studio of Ilya Repin. Advice of Pavel Chistyakov. In 1891 he was awarded a silver medal for a small sketch from nature. In 1898, traveled to Constantinople to work on the church wall paintings. In 1899 he received the title of the artist's painting "The Turkish cemetery and« Prima vera ». In the early 1900's, continued his education in Munich F. Lenbach.
Lived in St. Petersburg (Petrograd - Leningrad). In the 1900-1912 summer months spent in Italy. He worked as a portraitist and landscape painter. Participated in the Spring exhibition in the halls of IAH (since 1897), shows the St. Petersburg Society of Artists (1904-1907), the Society of Russian watercolors (1907), the Association of Artists (1907, 1910, 1916), the international exhibitions in Berlin (1896), Venice (1905, 1914), the World's Fair St. Louis and New York (1904-1905). In 1909 he became one of the initiators of the foundation of the Society of Artists. AIKuindzhi. In 1910 he completed the illustrations for the poem Lermontov's "Demon". From 1904 (until 1933) taught at the Drawing School of the Society for the Encouragement of Arts (Leningrad Technical School of Industrial Art).
After the events of 1917 has exhibited his work at the First State Free Exhibition of Works of Art in Petrograd (1919), the Jubilee Exhibition of Fine Arts, marking the tenth anniversary of the October Revolution (1927), shows AHRR (1926) and the Society of Artists . Ilya Repin (1927). In 1924 it held a solo exhibition in Leningrad. He taught at the Petrograd public art free training workshops (1920-1921), the studio AHRR (1926-1929), the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Architecture and Sculpture (1934-1938).
In 1952 in Leningrad, was a posthumous exhibition of works by the artist."